The Government of the Republic of Lithuania has authorized AB Lietuvos Paštas to provide universal postal services on the territory of the country.
Universal postal services must comply with the requirements and conditions for provision of universal postal services, established in the Rules for Provision of Universal Postal Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROVIDER OF THE UNIVERSAL POSTAL SERVICES
· ensure uninterrupted provision of universal postal services, except for the cases of force majeure, without any political, religious or ideological discrimination, to all consumers of postal services on equal terms, every business day, at least five business days per week, throughout all the territory of the State and one-off collection from and delivery of postal items to the place of residence or headquarters of the consumer of postal services;
· periodically provide the consumers of postal services with the comprehensive and continuously updated information on the universal postal services, the possibilities of use, prices as well as the quality requirements and standards of the universal postal services;
· ensure the number of places of provision of postal services, compliant with the needs of consumers, according to the characteristics of the public postal network;
· cover the costs of sending of official postal items and parcels of the public post and its branches, postal items and parcels of the prisoners of war and the internees, as well as the literature for the blind.
Universal postal services include the following:
· collection, sorting, transport and delivery of items of correspondence, weighing up to 2 kilograms;
· collection, sorting, transport and delivery of postal parcels, weighing up to 10 kilograms;· collection, sorting, transport and delivery of registered and insured postal items and parcels;
· delivery of postal parcels, weighing up to 20 kilograms, received from other Member States of the European Union.
Updated on 2011-02-01back